Sunday, December 02, 2007

the moment

Life today revolves around concert halls.. went for rehearsal at 1130am for the high-scorer concert and by the time i finished performing and collecting my results etc., it's already 4.30pm.. Thereafter rushed to vch for CCO concert (free tics :)..
But that's not the main point. Today... today, is one of the happiest day in my life.. not because i was a top scorer, there's nothing spectacular about it.. but more importantly, i had finally, after 6 yrs of hard work and growing up, gained approval by someone who has nurtured me in my younger days.. someone who's taught me, scolded me, hugged me... who's always said my playing is just like plain water.. no taste and i wont go far if i continue.. She's none other than the my piano teacher who has taught me for 5 yrs, and also the person who has taught me the most about music, although that time i think due to my age, i just couldnt figure out the emotional aspect in music and i think that pissed her off
I was utterly surprised when i saw her at rehearsals today.. in a chinese music scene..! (i later found out that she has become the i.c. for this chinese mus exam)... she said she couldnt even recognize me now and i have indeed grown up... i could almost sense the pride in her voice when she chatted with my yq teacher later on (i just found out that they were v gd friends too.. haha)
i could still rem the 2 yrs of absolutely no playing on instruments, though i heard and watched lots of perf then.... initially i thought it was rather relieving.... until at the end of sec 4 i could stand it no longer.... and i think i was in the midst of prep o lvl, and one day when no one was home i opened the lid laid with dust and started playing.. wha i just cant describe it... it was the most magical and wonderful sensation i hav never felt before.. and i began revisiting my past lesson tapes. It's only then that i finally understood what my p. teacher had meant in the past... i began applying those skills on yq too and it was also only then did i start going for a few yq lesson.. out of love than anything else...
I must say the exam result was quite surprising, but it did show one thing... my new method of practicing seemed to be working! Due to the hectic sch life, i could only prac every fri nite.. before my yq lesson... for the rest of the wk, i had just think about those pieces and sometimes i would prac when i'm asleep.. it's possible and it works!.. though it also meant that i m not sleeping well.. haha... it's funny i play better when i spend less time practicing by the inst. and when i'm under lots of stress during semester.. than when i'm relaxed during hols... hmm weird

1 comment:

Google