Tuesday, February 22, 2011

surprise!

Just had a pleasant surprise finding many videos of Mr. Tiu's performances finally being uploaded onto youtube. And guess what, I found the video of the b'dae re-arrangements for 4-hands by Tiu and Hecht which I mentioned in one of my very early entries in this blog! This was super long ago in Oct 2006.. I was only in yr 1 sem 1 then!
(Oh mine, remember those times.. fond memories)
All thanks to the user "bowserpianist".. who uploaded quite a number of Tiu's performances just last month.


Will be gg to catch Tiu's "Chopin without Chopin" recital next Sat..
I remembered him as one of the earliest pianist who has really inspired me, at that time when I was still struggling to overcome certain mental hurdles..
it is hard to believe that i once stopped touching the instruments for at least 2 full years..
and then he came to give a masterclass in tj... although i couldnt rem the details now, but i rem listening to his music was amazing.. rich in possibilities
~
1.15am.. lets listen to one of Piazolla's piece "Oblivion"
and one other of my fav, Rachmaninov's Paganini Rhapsody 16th Var to end (segment here)

No comments:

Google